Related Experiment Videos
[Craniofacial abnormalities in the Charité Virchow Collection]
H J Neumann1, F Soost, P Krietsch
1Klinik und Poliklinik für Mund-, Kiefer- und Gesichtschirurgie, Universitätsklinikum Charité, Humboldt-Universität Berlin.
Abstract:
On 27 June 1899 Rudolf Virchow (1821-1902) inaugurated the Museum of Pathology at the Charité Hospital. The collection comprised 23,500 pathologic-anatomical specimens. Most of the collection was destroyed in World War II. About 2000 samples were saved. Meanwhile the stock has increased to about 9000 objects. The development, contents and structure of the famous Virchow Collection are described with special reference to craniofacial deformities.